I’m at the Canadian Authors association CanWrite! Conference 2013. I’ll tell you all about it later. For now, let’s count down the top 5 reasons to attend a writers’ conference.
- Networking. You’ll meet other writers, editors and agents.
- Access to agents. By signing up for a pitch session, you can meet an agent and pitch your work. You’ll get some experience and exposure.
- Do some workshops. You’ll improve your writing.
- Attend panel discussions. You’ll hear about what’s happening in the writing industry.
- Be a writer for a day. Most of us have day jobs. Once or twice in the year, take the time to immerse yourself in your craft and socialize with your peers.
What writers conference have you attended lately? What was your best experience at a conference? What are your reasons for going to a conference?